Security has always been a business requirement. The protection of business intelligence, operational processes and procedures, investments, properties, employees, … guards the business against:
- Competitive pressures
- Changes in the marketplace
- Economic volatilities
- Physical threats
In today’s business realties, these “threats” now include threats to technology infrastructures – where we create, store and manage our business intelligence, operational processes and procedures, financial and human resources systems.
Defending against cybersecurity threats is everyone’s responsibility – from the company employees to the Executive team. What differs is their responsibilities.
Company employees need to understand and have an awareness of:
- What threats are out there and what they can do
- What to look for and how to defend against the threats
- What their cyber security responsibilities are
Executive team needs to understand:
- What technologies are available to defend against cyber threats
- How to integrate cyber security into the company’s plans for business operations, goals and expansion initiatives
- Cyber security best practices and market norms
Basically that the defense against cyber threats requires good and proactive governance.