Nova Networks is one of Canada’s largest providers of IT services. We are seeking a Senior System Administrator to join our team, supporting our Customers you will install, configure, patch and maintain system stability. You will leverage their expertise to develop and deploy servers, support day-to-day system performance, and prevent data loss.
- Install / Set up Windows servers, provide support ensuring reliably;
- Conduct system maintenance activities, review error logs and user-reported errors;
- Monitor performance to reduce interruptions and monitoring traffic logs and reports;
- Perform system backups ensuring the system can be quickly recovered after any outage;
- Server administration – high level of technical knowledge regarding Windows server setup, deployment, and patching/maintenance;
- Analytical skills – a highly analytical role, requiring the interpretation of error logs, monitoring system performance, and ensuring server reliability;
- Communication skills – effective written and verbal communication skills are required;
- Problem-solving– creative and technical problem-solving techniques while installing, configuring, and patching/maintaining;
- At least 10 years’ experience as a Windows System Administrator with a Degree or Diploma in either Computer Science or related technical discipline with relevant Microsoft certifications.
- Ability to collaborate with senior IT specialists in many technologies
- Experience working within a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining good organization