Nova Networks is one of Canada’s largest providers of IT services. We are seeking a System Administrator to join our Technical team. You will install, configure, patch and maintain system stability. You will leverage their expertise to develop and deploy servers, support day-to-day system performance, and prevent data loss.
- Install / Set up Windows servers, provide support ensuring reliably;
- Conduct system maintenance activities, review error logs and user-reported errors;
- Monitor performance to reduce interruptions and monitoring traffic logs and reports;
- Perform system backups ensuring the system can be quickly recovered after any outage;
- Server administration – high level of technical knowledge regarding Windows server setup, deployment, and patching/maintenance;
- Analytical skills – a highly analytical role, requiring the interpretation of error logs, monitoring system performance, and ensuring server reliability;
- Communication skills – effective written and verbal communication skills are required;
- Problem-solving– creative and technical problem-solving techniques while installing, configuring, and patching/maintaining;
- At least 4 years’ experience as a Windows System Administrator with a Degree or Diploma in either Computer Science or related technical discipline with relevant Microsoft certifications.
- Ability to collaborate with senior IT specialists in many technologies
- Experience working within a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining good organization