Nova Networks is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies providing a full suite of IT/IM solutions. The Network and Security Solution Designer will design networks and security solutions for small to large enterprises.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with Engineers who deploy the designed solutions and can help do labour estimates. The duties and responsibilities are the following:
Design Network Systems
Determine the needs of an enterprise and develop the best solution to meet the needs of the client. This can include designing switching and routing, VLANs, firewalls, IPS, IDS and other related solutions.
Prepare SOWs and Proposals
Document the technical solutions and provide a task overview and timeline with a labour estimate. Excellent technical writing skills are essential.
Meeting with Clients
As a trusted advisor to clients, gather enough information to design a solution to meet their requirements. In addition, presenting the solution using PowerPoint or doing a webex presentation and responding to questions is also an essential skill.
Working with Manufacturers
Establishing excellent relationships with network and security manufacturers is key to providing the right solutions to clients.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience deploying networks, firewalls, wireless is required.
- Major skills require should include analytical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills. They should have team-building skills, be detail-oriented with extensive knowledge of various types of networks, security and wireless systems. Strong time management, organizational and critical thinking skills are also necessary.
- Certifications such as Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, and CISSP would be preferred.
- All new or rehired employees will be asked to undergo a security clearance and offers will be contingent upon completion of the security clearance.
Nice to Haves:
- Bilingual in French and English would be advantageous.