The Network Engineer will have primary responsibility for the analysis, design, planning, and implementation of various network systems including: routers, switches, firewalls, Wan Accelerators, VPN, IPS, load balancing, and logging/monitoring applications. The individual must have extensive and in-depth experience in capacity planning, the creation and maintenance of documentation, network performance monitoring and root cause analysis. This individual is also engaged in both the design and implementation of new network solution projects and will be required to analyze technical needs, research and architect solutions.
Candidates must be able to obtain Level II (Secret clearance) and be willing to be on the On-call rotation schedule.
The Network Engineer responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Presales support for developing recommendations, designing and deploying network and security solutions.
- Conducting research and provide recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network service delivery.
- Understanding our client’s network environment and acting as the subject matter expert on the network infrastructure and services in production.
- Extensive hands-on network management, including setup, troubleshooting and network security.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of EIGRP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, and L2 protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of large scale LAN/ WAN technologies (switches, routers, wireless and firewalls) with knowledge on BGP, OSPF, and MPLS networking.
- Deep skill with Cisco Systems portfolio of networking solutions (routing, switching, WLAN).
- Knowledge in layer 2 & 3 protocols including, TCP/IP, Spanning Tree, VLAN, OSPF, and BGP, etc.
- Knowledge in network security technology including IPSEC, PPTP, SSL, NAT, PAT, VPN and Firewall, etc.
- Solid understanding of Networking Concepts competent with protocols of all core technologies (DNS, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP, SMB, SSH, VPN, NAT, IPSec, VoIP, etc.)
- Post-secondary education in the field of Computer Science/ Telecommunications/ IT or a related field with a minimum 5 years of related work experience in information technologies and networking
- Experience working with other technologies from a network troubles shooting and service prospective such as HP, ARUBA, FORTINET, PALO ALTO;
- Extensive hands-on network management expertise, including setup, troubleshooting and network security;
Nice to Haves:
- Certification in networking technologies such as Cisco, Juniper, HP/Aruba, or Fortinet are an asset;
- Network/Security Operations center Experience would be considered an asset;