Nova Networks is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies providing a full suite of IT/IM solutions. We are currently seeking a Microsoft Technologies and Cloud Solution Designer to design server-based solutions based on Microsoft or cloud technologies for small to large enterprises.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Microsoft and Cloud Solution Designer will work with our Engineers to deploy designed solutions, the main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Design Microsoft and/or Cloud Systems
Determine the needs of an enterprise and develop the best solution to meet the needs of the client. This can include designing servers, virtualization (VMware or HyperV), SQL Server, Office 365, SharePoint, Teams and other server based solutions that are on premise or in the cloud.
Prepare SOWs and Proposals
Document the technical solution and provide a task overview and timeline with a labour estimate. Excellent technical writing skills are essential.
Meeting with Clients
As a trusted advisor to clients, you will gather enough information to design a solution to meet their requirements. In addition, presenting the solution using PowerPoint or doing a webex presentation and responding to questions is also an essential skill.
Working with Manufacturers or Cloud Providers
Establishing excellent relationships with network and security manufacturers is key to providing the right solutions to clients.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience deploying servers, virtualization, Office 365, SharePoint, Azure, AWS, IBM Cloud and hybrid cloud is required;
- Major skills require should include analytical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills. Demonstrated team-building skills, be detail-oriented with extensive knowledge of various types of systems, servers, cloud. Strong time management, organizational and critical thinking skills are also necessary;
- Certifications such as Microsoft, Linux would be preferred;
- All new or rehired employees will be asked to undergo a security clearance and offers will be contingent upon completion of the security clearance.
Nice to Haves:
- Being bilingual in French and English would be advantageous;