Established in 1993, Nova Networks Inc. has grown to become one of the most respected information technology firms in Canada. We are dedicated to providing world-class, custom solutions at competitive prices. Nova Networks recognizes that our success is highly dependent on our ability to satisfy our clients and strengthen the bond in our relationships. We work closely with our clients to fully understand their needs and concentrate on delivering matched solutions.
Our Professional Services team is growing and we are seeking a Secret Cleared Linux System Engineer.
The opportunity will include, but will not be limited to:
- System administration, configuration, and backups;
- System monitoring, performance tuning, change management, capacity planning;
- Interacting extensively with various departments and project stakeholders;
- Process oriented, diligent in responding to requests;
- Degree or diploma in a technical program with 6 years Linux/Unix Administration experience (RedHat is must , Centos, Ubuntu , etc. would be an asset)
- Hands on Scripting experience with Python/PHP/Bash.
- Hands on experience with HP service guard cluster setup , configuration and support.
- Experience with RedHat high availability cluster software packages.
- Experienced with RedHat enterprise OS skills, REHL upgrade and patching experience.
- Experienced with OS backup solutions on both VM and physical servers using Storix, TSM, Netbackup, etc.
- Hands on experience supporting environments with Webserver , application server configurations.
- Experienced with setting up of firewall rules, policies and configuration on RedHat servers.
- Networking knowledge (ports, subnets, routing protocols, etc…)
- Knowledge of monitoring protocols such as SNMP and WMI.
- Hands on experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016(would be an asset).
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Zenoss, SolarWinds, Nagios, or other monitoring tools
- MySQL, SQL Server and/or Oracle database experience
- Working knowledge with SNMP, API, PowerShell, WMI