Nova Networks is one of Canada’s most respected providers of IT Professional Services in Canada. We are seeking Senior Network Specialists responsible for the analysis, design, planning, and implementation of various network systems including: routers, switches, firewalls, Wan Accelerators, VPN, IPS, load balancing, and logging/monitoring applications. The individuals must have in-depth experience in capacity planning, creating and maintaining documentation, network performance monitoring and root cause analysis. These individuals will engaged in both the design and implementation of new network solution projects and will be required to analyze technical needs, research and architect solutions.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience in information technologies and networking especially experience working in a NOC or SOC
- Extensive hands-on network management expertise, including setup, troubleshooting and network security
- Configuration and troubleshooting of EIGRP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, and L2 protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of large scale LAN/ WAN technologies (switches, routers, wireless and firewalls) with knowledge on BGP, OSPF, and MPLS networking
- Deep skill with Cisco Systems portfolio of networking solutions (routing, switching, WLAN) – must have solid Cisco Nexus experience
- Knowledge in layer 2 & 3 protocols including, TCP/IP, Spanning Tree, VLAN, OSPF, and BGP, etc
- Knowledge in network security technology including IPSEC, PPTP, SSL, NAT, PAT, VPN and Firewalls
- Solid understanding of Networking technologies (DNS, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP, SMB, SSH, VPN, NAT, IPSec, VoIP, etc.)
- University or college education in the field of Computer Science/ Telecommunications/ IT or a related field
- Excellent English written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to obtain Government of Canada security clearance
Nice to Haves:
- Certification in networking technologies such as Cisco, Juniper, HP/Aruba, or Fortinet are an asset.
- Fluent in French would be an asset but not required.