The Senior Network Analyst will have primary responsibility for the analysis, design, planning, and implementation of various network systems including: routers, switches, firewalls, Wan Accelerators, VPN, IPS, load balancing, and logging/monitoring applications. The individual must have extensive and in-depth experience in capacity planning, the creation and maintenance of documentation, network performance monitoring and root cause analysis. This individual is also engaged in both the design and implementation of new network solution projects and will be required to analyze technical needs, research and architect solutions.
Candidates must be able to obtain Level II (Secret clearance) and be willing to be on the On-call rotation schedule.The Senior Network Analyst responsibilities will include (but are not restricted to):
- Presales support for developing recommendations, Designing and deploying network and security solutions.
- Conducting research and provide recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network service delivery.
- Understanding our clients’ network environment and acting as the subject matter expert on the network infrastructure and services in production.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of related work experience in information technologies and networking.
- Experience: Experience working with other technologies from a network troubleshooting and service prospective such as Linux/Unix, Windows Server, Vmware, UC, Cloud, Etc.
- Experience: Extensive hands-on network management expertise, including setup, troubleshooting and network security
- Technical Skills: Configuration and troubleshooting of EIGRP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, and L2 protocols.
- Technical Skills: Advanced knowledge of large scale LAN/ WAN technologies (switches, routers, wireless and firewalls) with knowledge on BGP, OSPF, and MPLS networking.
- Technical Skills: Deep skill with Cisco Systems portfolio of networking solutions (routing, switching, WLAN).
- Technical Skills: Knowledge in layer 2 & 3 protocols including, TCP/IP, Spanning Tree, VLAN, OSPF, and BGP, etc.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge in network security technology including IPSEC, PPTP, SSL, NAT, PAT, VPN and Firewall, etc.
- Technical Skills: Extensive hands-on network management, including setup, troubleshooting and network security
- Technical Skills: Solid understanding of Networking Concepts competent with protocols of all core technologies (DNS, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP, SMB, SSH, VPN, NAT, IPSec, VoIP, etc.)
- Education: Post-secondary education in the field of Computer Science/ Telecommunications/ IT or a related field.
- Soft Skills: Positive, employee-focused attitude and superior customer service.
- Soft Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Soft Skills: Fluent in English (reading, writing, and verbal).
- Soft Skills: Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision.
- Soft Skills: Ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Soft Skills: Strong attention to detail and level of accuracy with Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Soft Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills and able to build relationships with all levels of an organization.
- Soft Skills: Ability to explore new ideas and make innovative contributions to existing network processes or solutions
- Soft Skills: Collaborate and work effectively with other IT teams/resources in delivering required solution.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience: Network/Security Operations center Experience would be considered an asset.
- Education: Certification in networking technologies such as Cisco, Juniper, HP/Aruba, or Fortinet are an asset.
- Soft Skills: Fluent in French would be an asset but not required.