Some of the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to customer’s problems within 15 minutes and repair incidents without escalation 80% of the time.
- Meeting or exceeding customer expectations for incident resolution and change SLAs.
- Tracking and staying on top of all Open Issues by Call Reference Numbers.
- Working closely with Partner Technical Support Centers to repair incidents.
- Properly documenting all interaction with customers in Technical Support Database.
- Answering technical questions.
- Providing telephone and email support to customers.
- Performing pre-engineered scheduled changes to customer network and server architecture.
- Staying up-to-date on technologies, certifications and training.
- Other duties as required.
- Willing to work rotational shifts in a 24/7 environment (days/evenings/weekends/overnights)
- Experience working in a Network Operations Center.
- Experience supporting WAN and LAN infrastructures.
- Experience dealing with Internet Service Providers (ISP) like Bell, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint/Rogers.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows servers and core applications.
- Ability to work in a fast paced customer support environment and handle stressful pressure situations.
- Great team player.
- Strong phone skills with customer first attitude.
- Outstanding communication skills (ideally in both official languages)
- Current Enhanced Reliability clearance or ability to obtain.
- Solid understanding of Cisco technology and IOS command set
- Demonstrated experience with Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Demonstrated experience with MS Windows Server 2003/2008R2/2012
- Demonstrated experience with DNS, MS-Exchange, Active Directory
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft server based backup/restore applications
- Knowledge of LAN protocols and TCP/IP
- Strong Telephone Support and Technical troubleshooting skills
Nice to Haves:
- 1-3 years’ experience in large multi-site environment supporting over 25 customers and more than 500 devices.
- Exposure to online ticketing systems, such as OTRS, Remedy ARS.
- Exposure to Zenoss, Solarwinds or other network monitoring systems.
- Experience with UNIX and Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of ITIL processes or ITIL Certification
- Professional certifications and training such as CCNA, MNOA, CNE, Linux & Unix administration
- Knowledge of security incident management and devices (firewalls, IPS/IDS)