The Level 2 Service Desk Analyst will work with our team of analysts in providing professional and courteous service to our clients. The position will require that the individual answer technical questions from remote customers and accurately record a detailed description of the problem at hand. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to customer’s problems (phone or email) within agreed to SLAs and repair incidents without escalation 80% of the time.
- Escalate hardware/software problems where required.
- Meet Service Level Agreements (SLA) set by the client
Meet or exceed customer break/fix and change SLAs.
- Work closely with other Nova Support Teams to repair incidents.
- Track detailed information about every call in Nova’s ticketing system: contact information, contact telephone number, site location, detailed description of problem, detailed documentation for Case log.
- Follow up, track, and stay on top of all Open Issues to ensure incidents are repaired.
- Answer technical questions as required.
- Provide telephone and email support to customers.
- Perform pre-engineered scheduled changes to customer network and server architecture.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in 2nd level Technical Support, providing superior end user application and desktop support (call center type environment) – corporate clients;
- 2 to 5 years of administrative experience with Microsoft Server products, Mail Services, Database Services, networking, and backup systems;
- Extensive experience with Microsoft desktop O/S and Office products is mandatory;
- Experience with email archiving, anti-spam, anti-virus products;
- General LAN/WAN troubleshooting knowledge required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, WINS and DHCP, particularly as it relates to Microsoft technologies.
- Demonstrated Experience in supporting backup and restore using Veritas Backupexec, Netbackup or other backup software.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation.
- Excellent customer relations and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Linux experience is an asset.
- Certifications: A+, MCSA/MCSE
- Must be eligible for security clearance to the level of enhanced or secret.
Nice to Haves:
- CCNA Certification
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must have excellent customer service and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Bilingual (French and English) is preferred.
- Ability to work both independently (with minimal supervision) as well as part of a team environment.
- Ability to follow direction and meet deadlines as required.
- Ability in meeting end user requirements and in providing high quality customer service.
- Ability to prioritize and organize your own schedule.
- The ability to work in a team environment coupled with the flexibility to work shift work will be key to your success