Nova Networks is one of Canada’s largest providers of IT services. We are seeking a Desktop & Server Administrator to join our large Ottawa technical team.
The ideal candidate has great customer service and excellent communication skills. The candidate has demonstrated strong Microsoft desktop and Windows Server 2008-2012 troubleshooting and support skills. The candidate has demonstrated effective skills with both remote and desk side user support. The candidate has 2 – 5 years of documented experience providing support to corporate organizations.
Job duties include but not limited to:
- onsite/desk side support, responding to end-user issues, diagnosing desktop, network, and server problems, finding solutions and resolving problems;
- performing regular preventive maintenance of all IT infrastructure;
- assisting with planning network upgrades;
- implementing migrations or new installations of desktop, network, and servers;
- documentation and report writing.
The candidate may work independently or with a team and escalate for assistance as required. The candidate shall participate in technology projects that may be scheduled outside of normal working hours.
- 2 to 5 years of experience providing superior end user application and desktop support
- 2 to 5 years of administration experience with Microsoft Server products, Exchange, networking, and backup systems
- 2 to 5 years of experience with the latest Microsoft products (Windows10, virtual servers, Exchange, SQL), preference given to candidates with relevant certifications
- Experience with anti-spam, anti-virus products, Windows patching
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation
- Excellent customer relations and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Driver’s license and vehicle
- Current Enhanced Reliability clearance or ability to obtain
Nice to Haves:
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- VMWare and Hyper experience
- Audiovisual equipment setup & troubleshooting
- Printer & desktop repair
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Industry certificates such as CCNA, MCITP, A+